Sunday, July 20, 2008

The painters are coming!

So it's just the hallway, but I'm very excited. Just told Russ (in an email) that they're coming Friday. This is the first he's heard that I'm going to have them paint too. The only hitch here is that I'm leaving town on Saturday. Mario has good references from the neighborhood, including one family who had them work while they were on vacation. Russ didn't want to paint yet because he wants to install crown moulding, chair rail, etc., replace the trim around the living room and dining room archways, sand blast the radiator, blah blah blah. I know he means well, and he does do excellent work, but he doesn't have the time. I told him I decided that we should paint now and fine tune with the trim later. I know he's going to have a cow (as Bart Simpson would say). I just want him to throw his hands in the air and say, "Whatever." I don't want him to fire Mario. I also don't want to miss going to Cape May, which is where I'll be next week.

5 comments:

Living the life in The Little City said...

Oh, this is so funny. I've just realized that Russ doesn't know about your blog.

Crown moulding can be added later.

Have you stopped by the paint store for paint chips? Or, since this paint color debate is ongoing, maybe buy a fan deck.

Kathy said...

I should give Russ more credit. His reply to my email was only that he wanted very, very, very pale color. I can do this. I'm putting the second coat on my sample splotches now.

Living the life in The Little City said...

Take some photos. This is exciting. the foyer and hallway will make a wonderful first impression. What finish are you using? Matte or eggshell or pearl?

Kathy said...

Matte on the walls. Semi-gloss for the white trim. Mario says no problem on the radiator too. I'm wondering how much I should try to clean it first, if at all-- he won't just paint over the dirt, right? Not that I expect it to look sand-blasted, but still. . .

Living the life in The Little City said...

Vacuum and clean the radiator so you do not worry about it.