Monday, January 19, 2009

Lasagna

I admired a Mario Batali lasagna pan the other day at Crate and Barrell. Russ must have heard me-- he included it in an order from Chef's catalog when he ordered a new Henckles knife. (He broke the other one trying to use it like a cleaver.) Anyway, I was so excited to see the pan, but it is HUGE. I made lasagna last night. I tripled my usual recipe. What was I thinking? I should have invited the neighborhood. It would have fed a dozen people. And, I had to store the leftovers on the back porch because I didn't have room in the refrigerator.




I left the can of tomatoes there so you can get a sense of scale. The bread crumbs are for the birds after they've dried a bit more. The martini shaker is, well, you get the idea. I do actually use the mortar and pestle, and just used it night before last to grind up some saffron for osso bucco, or more specifically, for the risotto to go with the osso bucco. Yummm.

2 comments:

Living the life in The Little City said...

That's a very nice pan. Lucky you.

Kathy said...

I guess I don't have to actually fill it to use it. It did cook that huge lasagna in record time, and all the way through-- even the middle.