Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Bathroom Consult

OMG, as the kids would say. I had kind of a whirlwind visit with James, a contractor with a very good reputation in my neighborhood, to talk about redoing my upstairs bathroom. Makes me realize that, while I THOUGHT I was prepared, I didn't have all the answers to his questions. As in, do you know what you want? I think I should back up a step and talk with a bathroom designer first. I know, I know. . . it's just a 5x8 space, but as you know, and as I am just beginning to grasp, there are lots of decisions. And I forgot to bring his attention to the radiator while he was there! Yikes! What we've got is an old cast iron one, and what I want is something like this from Runtal.



But this one from Runtal (the Fain) says it can be added to my household system, directly replacing the old radiator, while apparently most of the other ones cannot.


So, I'm a little overwhelmed. But it's step in the right direction.

1 comment:

Living the life in The Little City said...

Yes, lots of decisions. Not a bad idea to hire an interior designer to help with the choices - you could probably go with a two hour consultation.