Monday, March 9, 2009

Wake Up Call

Felt funny driving to work in the dark this morning. I woke up at 3:30, but I guess my body thinks it was 4:30, so I'm not too tired. Read the paper and had my coffee, all before 5:30. Just walked Molly this morning, so it was a far more exercising walk than it is with Mosby. I think he had a bad night. He was wakeful (VERY unlike him) and panting now and again. The vet told me a while back that the panting is a sign that he's in pain. I'll be taking him back to the vet this week, I'm afraid. Perhaps not the final visit, but I can see that happening in the not-too-distant future. The thought that chased away any more sleep this morning was what I'd do if I took him in and had to make the decision. And then what to do with him. I'd like to bury him in the garden, but he's so big! Maybe cremate him and bury his ashes. In the light of day it might sound silly, but I just can't bear the idea of his body being dealt with like so much trash. :-(

2 comments:

Living the life in The Little City said...

It doesn't sound silly at all. Anyone who has loved a dog, who is at the end of life, understands very well what you are talking about.

My Notting Hill said...

I'm very sorry to hear about your dog. I liked what Kathleen said.

Re: painting the tile. The way I avoided the grout was to use an artist brush to trace around all the tiles when I primed and w/the first coat of the color. The brush was really to control. It was a slow process but I did to a bunch of NPR shows so I was entertained while doing it.