Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Book Thoughts


I loved The Art of Racing in the Rain. Very sweet, clearly written by somebody who loves dogs, or at least one in particular. I don't give Molly nearly that much credit, but then again, she doesn't watch as much tv as Enzo did.

Speaking of books about dogs, have you had a chance to start Edgar Sawtelle? I know it's a huge undertaking. I'm interested in your thoughts.

Next on my list? I have a stack to get to. Stacks of books, stacks of magazines, and oh yes, it's catalog season. I chuck a lot of them, but I admit to a fascination with some of the more exotic ones. I'll post some of my favorites soon. You can tell the season of my life by my latest bedside reading: Menopause and Natural Hormones and The Sexy Years by Susan Somers. Shut up. I'm no Earth Mother type-- there's got to be a better way. Better living through chemistry. I'm on the bandwagon for bio-identical hormones. Roscoe and I have our big anniversary trip to Aruba coming up and I'd like to be able to enjoy it.

3 comments:

Living the life in The Little City said...

I haven't started the Sawtelle book yet. Soon, I hope. Glad you liked Racing in the Rain. I heard about it via David's blog, Midwestern Malaise.

kate said...

Did you know that The Art of Racing in the Rain was the book of the month on Simply Stated by Real Simple blog? Were you reading along over there?

http://simplystated.realsimple.com/simplystated/2009/10/the-art-of-racing-in-the-rain-an-introduction.html

We'll miss seeing you on Thursday - hope you and yours have a great Thanksgiving!

Kathy said...

Thanks Kate! I saw that "Racing" was #10 on the Washington Post fiction list. I'll check out the Simply Stated blog. I love Real Simple. I'm taking a stack of mags with us to Russ's sister's tomorrow. Have a great holiday!