Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Soccer Madness

It's quiet this morning, thank goodness. I'm sore-- soccer practice (for the 10 to 12-year olds) was at 5 to accomodate the new earlier darkness, but 5 is too early for one of the two coaches, and the other coach has issues yesterday. The Mrs. Coaches had agreed to take the practice on, but they were clearly short-handed. I'm standing there in my three-inch wedges, clucking, "Gee, too bad I didn't bring my sneakers. . .," when one Mrs. Coach pipes up, "OH! I have an extra pair in the car-- what size are you?" I was reluctant, (couldn't anybody else hear my internal scream: NOOOOOOO! You can't make me!!!!!!) but it was fun. It's been so long-- running with abandon, kicking a ball. . . Troy was lamenting my lame defensive skills, but I'm still savoring hearing one boy yelling to another, "What are you doing?? Get the ball!" and the other boy yelling back, "I can't! Mrs. Allison is too good!" I'm glad the light was almost gone. Made pretending I looked good out there a little easier. My knees and hips are feeling the exercise for sure, but why would my left elbow be sore? I was definitely creaking when I got out of bed this morning.

I have some great photos, but blogspot isn't letting me insert photos this morning for some reason.

1 comment:

Living the life in The Little City said...

Sounds like fun. Blogger is being mean to me as well. Won't let me upload video.