Saturday, July 10, 2010

A Walk in the Woods

R and T decided that Conan the Barbarian was what our viewing pleasure was this evening. I enjoy the series, but having seen this film at least 160 times, I opted for the late dog walk. Also got to visit the back door neighbors with the new baby. Baby was sleeping so I didn't stay long. The walk through the woods was more memorable. Another neighbor's grandson, whom we've babysat in his babyhood, was visiting from California. This babe is now 21, just today. He flew east from LA with his 2-year old pit bull, Domino, and his girlfriend. G-friend was friendly, indicating an interest in a martini that proved her taste to be more apple-tini than gin related, but still. Anyway, sitting on the patio, come to find out, she's never seen fireflies. She's never seen them before. I remembered this tonight, as the boys were enjoying Conan and I was enjoying a rain-cooled walk in the woods with Miss Molly. The fireflies were everywhere, and I decided I don't think I could live anywhere without fireflies.

1 comment:

Living the life in The Little City said...

I'd never seen fireflies until I moved here.