Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Last of the Tomatoes

As opposed to The Last of the Mohicans. My tomatoes look like shit. I had to take the whole shebang down. In this photo you can see my basil peeking through, and one last pink holdout of of fruit.


So in the aftermath of taking down the four plants I had inside of a two foot radius, I had more ripening tomatoes than I could see from a foot away, and LOTS of greenies. More than I got a picture of. I guess it's time for Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe. Yummm!

In other cooking news, tonight's menu is bean and chicken sausage stew. Chicken sausage (duh), cannellini beans, tomatoes, and kale. yummm.

:-)

1 comment:

Living the life in The Little City said...

Tomatoes get really ugly at the end of the season. I just pulled the last of mine out on Sunday.

Your stew sounds good. I've hit a cooking nadir. Everything I make seems like a fart. Even John noticed the quality change.